- Zipline thousands of feet in the air through the valleys of Mont-Tremblant
- Canoe down Diable River, with beaches and silver maple forest along the way
- Hike through the lakes and mountains of the beautiful Mont-Tremblant National Park
- Take a foodie tour through Vieux-Montréal, Montreal’s enchanting old quarter
- Discover the old-world charm of French-speaking Quebec
- Unwind amid the wilderness and wildlife of the Laurentian Mountains
Party the night away in the live blues bars of iconic Beale Street and swing to the country music beat on Nashville’s Honky Tonk Highway. Pay homage to the king of rock ‘n’ roll with a VIP tour around Elvis’ Graceland, and salute the jazz greats with a live performance at New Orlean’s legendary Preservation Hall. Tuck into flame-grilled ribs in a traditional Memphis barbecue and learn how to make GooGoo chocolate with wine pairings at a boutique chocolate factory. Get off-radar in New Orleans with a food safari around the city’s hidden Creole hot spots, trying out everything from fried catfish to Louisiana oysters. Visit the motel where Martin Luther King Jr was shot and learn about the legacy of the Civil Rights movement. Stay in a series of slick hotels with pools and rooftop bars
Music lovers, y’all are in for a treat. Look no further than this Deep South USA adventure if you’re ready to rock ‘n’ roll with like-minded musos. From the country tunes of Nashville to the soulful blues of Memphis and mesmeric jazz in New Orleans, get set for a live music pilgrimage in some of the region’s most legendary halls and hangouts. Like a tasty Louisiana Po’ boy, your adventure is sandwiched nicely between the Music City of Nashville and the lively streets of New Orleans, for a week of full-on southern escapism. Head right off the beaten path for an exclusive chocolate and wine tasting masterclass in Nashville, a secret Creole food tour in the backstreets of New Orleans and a sizzling Memphis barbecue – complete with a line-up of lip-smacking flavours. Get your dancing shoes on for wild nights out in the downtown bars of Beale Street and the Honky Tonk Highway, grooving to the tune of some of the best live bands in town. Along the way, we’ll follow in the footsteps of history, learning about the Civil Rights movement with a visit to the Lorraine Motel where Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated and embracing all things Elvis with a VIP tour of Graceland. And there’ll be a string of slick hotels in the mix too, along with like-minded solo travellers to set your adventure alight. We reckon it’s time for a little less conversation and a little more action – who’s in?
Fancy extending your adventure at a cattle ranch in Texas? Take a look at our Deep South adventure with a Texas add-on
The Flash Pack promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
- Experience New Orlean's best live jazz at the legendary Preservation Hall
- Tuck into a sizzling Memphis barbecue and bar-hop through the iconic blues haunts of Beale Street
- Go off-radar on a secret food safari in New Orleans, feasting on fried catfish, oysters and other Creole treats
- Take a VIP Elvis tour around Graceland, with an inside glimpse into the king of rock 'n' roll
- Learn how to make sweet GooGoos in a private workshop with wine pairings at the Nashville GooGoo Chocolate Factory
- See the motel where Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated and learn about the legacy of the Civil Rights movement
- Escape the tourists and party with the locals in New Orleans, in the live music hangouts of Frenchmen Street
- Stay at a series of high-end hotels, with retro pools and rooftop bars
Day 1: Touch Down in Music City
Take a private transfer from Nashville airport to your Honky Tonk Highway hotel with outdoor pool. As the neon lights of the country music capital flicker into action, head downtown for welcome beers with your guide and fellow Flashpackers
Touch down in Tennessee and welcome to the bright lights of Nashville. As seen in the hit TV show and the capital of country music, this lively city stirs to the beat of live performances, with toe-tapping musicians and aspiring songwriters flocking here to drink up the rich music scene. Here begins your 10-day adventure of exploring the awesome Deep South, with all the legendary tunes and sizzling cuisine to prove it. From the Famous Studio B that’s seen many a country music sensation pass through its doors to the small but iconic Bluebird Cafe, this is a city that pulsates with energy and you’ll arrive just as the neon lights flicker into action. Take a private transfer to your slick hotel on the Honky Tonk Highway – within reach of many of Nashville’s major attractions – before heading downtown to the heart of the action. Grab drinks with your fellow Flashpackers and enjoy a flavour of the adventure that is to come. Welcome to the Deep South!More +
Day 2: NASHVILLE LEGENDS & A CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Take a private tour around Fontanel Mansion, the one-time home of country megastar Barbara Mandrell. Head to the GooGoo Clusters Chocolate Factory for a chocolate masterclass with wine tastings. Spend an afternoon of free time in the city before hitting up the Honky Tonk Highway at night
Shrug off your jetlag with a leisurely lie-in, enjoying that awesome feeling of knowing the adventure stretches out before you. Later this morning, we’ll head to the Fontanel Mansion for a private tour of country music megastar, Barbara Mandrell’s former home. Wander around the 33,000 square-foot log cabin with all the rustic charm you’d expect from the home of country royalty.
Afterwards it’s time for another Nashville speciality: GooGoo Clusters. This local delicacy comes in the form of chocolate, caramel, marshmallow and peanuts all rolled into clusters of sweet goodness. Taste it for yourself at the GooGoo chocolate factory for an exclusive chocolate and wine tasting session, where you can roll up your sleeves and make your own GooGoo while trying out local wines. Tuck in and enjoy – it’s educational, after all. The rest of the afternoon is then yours to soak in the sights of Nashville. We recommend you check out the Country Music Hall of Fame, the famous venue of the Ryman Auditorium or the Johnny Cash Museum for more music must-sees. History buffs should pop by the 42ft replica of the Ancient Greek Parthenon (the “Athens of the South”) and for anyone feeling peckish, Hattie B’s is calling for some Nashville hot chicken. Come evening, be sure to hit up the Honky Tonk Highway – the pumping music here is not to be missed.More +
Day 3: BALCONIES, BARBECUES & BEALE STREET
Travel to the rock ‘n’ roll city of Memphis and settle into your hotel just moments from buzzing Beale Street. Take an afternoon trip to the Lorraine Motel, where Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated, and learn about his legacy at the National Civil Rights Museum. Tuck into a sizzling barbecue of Memphis ribs before hitting up the delights of Beale Street by night
After enjoying the country music of Nashville, next up it’s time for some blues and rock ‘n’ roll in Memphis. This morning we’ll hit the road to the hometown of Elvis. We’ll kick things off with an orientation walk around the vibrant streets, soaking in the unique buzz and energy of the city. Grab some of Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken for lunch before checking into your central hotel (with another beauty of an outdoor pool) for a quick freshen-up. We’ll then walk in the footsteps of history with an afternoon visit to the Lorraine Motel, seeing the infamous balcony of Room 306 where Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated in 1968. Now the National Civil Rights Museum, here you can learn all about the rich history and acts of courage associated with America’s game-changing movement.
For dinner, get ready for a smokin’ barbecue – Memphis style. Tuck into sizzling pulled pork and dry-rubbed ribs with your fellow Flashpackers, experiencing the lip-smacking flavours of an authentic Memphis barbecue (with veggie options on-hand, too). We’ll then head downtown to the pulsating Beale Street where live music flows out of every bar. Feel the groove of this neon-lit haven; one of the USA’s most iconic streets is the perfect place to let loose.More +
Day 4: WALKING (with Elvis) IN MEMPHIS
Get to grips with rock ‘n’ roll heritage, with an Elvis Entourage VIP Experience at Graceland. See Elvis’ jumpsuits, pink Cadillac, gold records and more on this insider tour around his Memphis mansion. Spend an afternoon of free time soaking up the city’s evocative Blues heritage, or hang by the hotel pool
You can’t come to Memphis without hearing a thing or two about a certain king of rock ‘n’ roll. This morning we’ll be embracing all things Elvis with a visit to Graceland, the famous mansion where he passed away in 1977. We’ll immerse ourselves in the life and music of a legend on an Elvis Entourage VIP experience, seeing the gold records of hit songs that sold over one billion records worldwide. We’ll get exclusive insight into the legacy of this rock ‘n’ roll royalty, with a look at his wardrobe, cars and the place that he called home for over 20 years.
The afternoon is then yours to explore Memphis on your own, with your guide on-hand to give you top tips for Memphis must-sees. Why not continue your Elvis education with a visit to Sun Studio, where one of America’s most lauded singers recorded his very first song? Or, head to Stax Museum for a flavour of American soul. There’s also the Blues Hall of Fame and the Rock N Soul Museum – music lovers, you’re welcome. Oh and if you fancy some sunny downtime, the hotel pool is yours…More +
Day 5: LIVING IT UP IN NEW ORLEANS
Take a six-hour road trip to New Orleans, stopping at Devil’s Crossroad in Clarksdale and the Ground Zero Blues Club, owned by Morgan Freeman. Settle into your charming hotel with roof terrace before escaping the tourists to party with the locals on a jazz-fuelled night out on Frenchmen Street, with live gigs and bourbon cocktails
Today we’re leaving Memphis and cruising onwards to New Orleans. It’s a long road trip through Mississippi to Louisiana but well worth it when you arrive in this soulful city bursting with jazz and culture. Along the way, we’ll stop at Clarksdale to see the famous Devil’s Crossroad where Robert Johnson “sold his soul” all in the name of Blues. We’ll also swing by the Ground Zero Blues Club, for an atmospheric pit stop that just so happens to be owned by Morgan Freeman. We’ll then arrive in New Orleans just as the evening kicks into gear. Freshen up and relax at your contemporary hotel – replete with southern charm and a gorgeous rooftop bar – before we head through the lively streets for a night out in the Big Easy.
Not only is this colonial city the birthplace of Louis Armstrong and a hotspot for voodoo culture worldwide, but it’s also marking its 300th birthday in 2018. We’ll celebrate in style by making the most of this intoxicating city with a dazzling night on the tiles. Whilst the tourists descend on Bourbon Street, those in the know head to Frenchmen Street. This is where the locals go for some of the best live music in the city, with everything from jazz to latin and reggae lighting up the night. Immerse yourself in your steamy surroundings, with the bass thumping and saxophone solos filling the room. Get those Sazeracs flowing and let your jazz-loving soul loose to the hypnotic improvs that spiral across basement bars and tucked-away hot spots.
Day 6: Live jazz and a Creole food safari
Have a gladiator appetite handy for a secret food safari around Carrollton Riverbend, an off-radar neighbourhood far from the tourist crowds. Feast on fried catfish, Louisiana oysters and other Creole delicacies at a string of local hot spots. Explore Lafayette Cemetery then spend the afternoon at leisure. Gather for a farewell dinner and jazz performance at the fabled Preservation Hall
This morning we’ll travel beyond the colonial charm of the French Quarter to the Carrollton Riverbend. Far from the crowds, this residential neighbourhood is the perfect destination for a secret food tour showcasing delicious local delicacies. Tuck into quintessential po’ boy sandwiches filled with fried catfish, as well as Louisiana oysters, crawfish and Cajun Boudin with a Creole twist. After a sweet treat, it’s time for another authentic experience with a visit to a local burial ground. We’ll visit the iconic Lafayette Cemetery, where legend has it local spirits roam the tombs in this haunted city.
You’ll then have free time to explore the city as you please. We recommend enjoying the incredibly talented street musicians in the French Quarter, admiring the colouful floats at Mardi Gras World or just mooching around New Orlean’s maze of quirky shops and art galleries. For those of you wanting to carry on the spooky experience from the cemetery, check out the Voodoo Museum or the Museum of Death (it’s as dark as it sounds). Your foodie adventure then continues with more traditional Creole cuisine for dinner. Afterwards, we’re amping up the volume with an evening jazz show at Preservation Hall, where traditional New Orleans jazz has been celebrated and protected for the last 50 years. With bellies full of local food and mesmeric melodies jangling at your soul, prepare for an awesome finale night with your Flash Pack pals.
Day 7: TAKE ME HOME, COUNTRY ROADS
Flashpackers, it’s time to close the door on your Deep South getaway. Bid farewell on a non-stop whirlwind of live music and foodie delights
All good adventures must come to an end, so today it’s time to bid farewell to our Deep South jaunt. With fresh memories made and new friendships forged, head to the airport at your leisure. Don’t forget, you can always extend the escape with a stay on a Texan cattle ranch.
But either way, what a trip it’s been! You’ve rolled up your sleeves and jumped head-first into the rich musical heritage of the Deep South, soaking up country tunes in Nashville, blues in Memphis and the jazz of New Orleans. You’ve marvelled at Elvis’ jumpsuits and Cadillacs on an insider trip to Graceland, and partied your way around the iconic bars of Beale Street and the Honky Tonk Highway, swinging to the beat of brilliant live performances at every turn. This has been a foodie pilgrimage, too, so soar into the skies daydreaming about the GooGoo Clusters of Nashville, sizzling Memphis barbecues, and the oysters of New Orleans. From slick hotels with retro pools and rooftop bars to an iconic jazz show at Preservation Hall, you’ve experienced the real deal here in the Deep South. In fact, we wouldn’t blame you if you disappeared off into the New Orleans sunset forever more, jazz hands and bourbon at the ready…More +
Fly into: Nashville International Airport
Fly out of: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
More adventure trips
- Conquer the colourful summit of Rainbow Mountain, and camp overnight at altitude
- Join a night-time boat ride through the Amazon, and walk the jungle canopy on hanging bridges
- Mountain bike through the Sacred Valley highlands, passing Inca ruins
- Learn how to make Pisco Sours, and cook authentic Peruvian dishes
- Dine in Lima 27, one of the capital's most celebrated restaurants
- Trek to Machu Picchu, and gaze upon the ancient Inca citadel
- Sail through the mighty glaciers of Patagonia on a day-long boat ride
- Tackle the Base Las Torres hike and trek through the Chilean Lake District
- Ride the rapids of Petrohue River, and leap into the warm volcanic waters
- Taste wine from the barrel at a family-run vineyard, and star-gaze over sundowners in Valle de la Luna
- See the Tatio geysers erupt at sunrise and unwind in nearby hot springs
- Stay at a series of beautiful hotels, including a boutique desert retreat with a large pool and fire pits
- Cruise around the Rosario Islands by private boat, and trek through the rainforest of Tayrona National Park
- Taste different rums and learn to salsa in the colourful city of Cartagena
- Party in one of Bogotá's leading nightspots, and master a game of gunpowder and beer
- Tube down the Palomina River, floating past a vast region of tropical wilderness
- Climb the iconic Piedra del Peñol and kayak across the Guatapé reservoir
- Stay at a series of boutique hotels, with rooftop pools, spas and beach bars
- Go island-hopping through the hidden beaches of Paraty on a private boat
- Learn how to make caipirinhas in a rooftop lesson at sunset
- Join a samba class and flex your skills in one of Rio's most iconic nightclubs
- Stay at an oasis retreat with a tropical pool and garden bar, and a chic hotel overlooking Ipanema beach
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue and sip sundowners on the Sugarloaf
- Soak in Brazilian beach life on Copacobana beach
- Kayak around the mangroves and waterways of Tortuguero National Park
- Water-tube down the canyons and rapids of the turquoise Rio Celeste
- Stay in unique boutique hotels, from a beachfront haven to a remote jungle lodge
- Hike through the rainforest and lava formations of Arenal volcano
- Jump aboard a boat to beach-hop and snorkel around the stunning Pacific
- See beautiful wildlife in its natural habitat, from monkeys to exotic birds