- Paddle board across the serene beauty of Lake Bled
- Sleep beneath the stars in peaceful glamping huts with your very own hot tubs
- Go canyoning through the streams, lagoons and waterfalls of the Bohinj Valley
- Get back to nature on a hike around Slovenia's largest lake
- Join a bar crawl through lively Ljubljana with your fellow Flashpackers
- Forget city breaks, supersize your weekend with this wilderness escape
Sail down 5-8m waterfalls on a kayaking safari on the Mrežnica river. Hike through the spectacular turquoise lagoons and waterfalls of Plitvice Lakes National Park. Knock back craft ales in a Zagreb beer-tasting session, and try fabulous cheeses at a local farm. Take a catamaran to Hvar island and discover the beaches and bars of “the new St Tropez”. Stay in a chic lifestyle hotel in the centre of Split, and a medieval-style retreat with its own petting zoo. Be swept away by the ancient beauty and vivacious soul of Croatia’s coastal cities
Sure, you could visit somewhere in Europe that is well-known for being well-known, but that would be like re-watching the same movie over and over again. And you would be missing out on the AWESOME BEAUTY of Croatia. Bursting with gushing waterfalls and turquoise lakes, this land of eternal sunshine is the perfect setting for endless paddling and picnicking. Join us as we kayak down the waterfalls of Mrežnica’s rushing rivers and hike around the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Plitvice Lakes National Park. We’ve fixed up an authentic beer tasting in the capital and a local cheese tasting at an old-school cheese factory on Novković farm. There are also medieval hotels to stay in, and the historic sights of Zagreb to discover. Plus, no trip to the Dalmatian Coast is complete without some sandy downtime (hello, 13th century islands with hidden beaches). Here you can kick back and relax by the sparkling ocean and enjoy the sun-soaked charm of Hvar’s traffic-free streets. Whether you’re stumbling across one of the Med’s finest beaches or bonding over beer in Zagreb, you are sure to discover a vibrant culture full of off-radar delights (we won’t tell the tourists if you don’t). Plus, you’ll meet a host of like-minded travellers along the way. Let the sweet times roll…
The Flash Pack promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
- Tackle 5-8m waterfalls on a kayaking safari down the Mrežnica river
- Hike the spectacular turquoise lagoons and forests of Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Bed down in an eclectic medieval-style hotel with its own petting zoo
- Take a catamaran to Hvar island and discover the beaches and bars of "the new St Tropez"
- Girdle your appetite to try 8 different types of cheeses at a local fromage farm
- Join a guided trip around the ancient sights of Zagreb, and stay in a boutique hotel in the heart of Split
- Sample local ales in a Croatian beer-tasting session, and feast on a waterfall picnic
- Wild-swim the waterfalls and crystal-clear seas
Day 1: Beers and banter in Zagreb
Check into your centrally-located hotel and take a guided trip around the sun-kissed sights of Zagreb, with its cafe-lined squares, eclectic architecture and air of Adriatic charm. Toast your newfound Flash Pack pals over an exuberant beer-tasting session in one of the city’s hippest bars
Touch down at Zagreb International airport and get set to dive head-first into adventure. You’ll get a private transfer to your hotel, found slap-bang in the centre of the city. Once you’ve settled into your digs, it’s time to meet your fellow Flashpackers and guide. Your pack leader will whisk you and your newfound crew of adventurers round Zagreb on a whistle stop foray to ensure maximum beer-drinking time later on. During a busy afternoon of sightseeing in this colourful city, prepare to enjoy (*deep breath*) the Upper Town, the Cathedral, the Stone Gate, St Mark’s Church, Ban Jelačić and plenty of other places of note, before heading to one of Zagreb’s coolest bars. Here, we’ve laid on a hearty round of beer-tasting for you, where you can taste the difference between unpasteurised, unfiltered lagers and bond over lugs of local ale (or wine, if you prefer…). Cheers your Flash Pack pals and salute to the experiences ahead.
Day 2: All aboard a kayak safari
Whet your appetite with a cheese-tasting session at a local farm before kayaking down Mrežnica river. Perfect for beginners, this route is still demanding and exhilarating, with 8m waterfalls to tackle. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the wilderness, as you paddle between thick forest and lush green valleys. Stop for a scenic picnic, and wild swim or leap off the falls. Arrive at your boutique hotel, complete with quirky rustic décor and its very own petting zoo
After a big breakfast to soak up last night’s beer, you’ll head off to a family farm for another kind of tasting event. Nestled in the unspoilt village of Točak, Novković farm boasts a mini cheese factory which uses old-school crafting materials to perform the necessary magic with the curd. Once you’ve eaten your way through all eight cheeses, it’s time to get physical. This afternoon we’ll be conquering Mrežnica’s kayaking territory with its emerald, free-flowing river and remote woodland – the perfect backdrop for this Mrežnica kayak safari. Beginners need not be afraid – not only will you receive expert instructions, but the waters here offer a good, safe ride and the kayaks are easy to navigate. (Click here for more information about fitness levels on Flash Pack adventures) Your waterborne adventure features impressive white cliffs, 5-8m waterfalls and lush vegetation, and you’ll picnic by one of the tallest cascading waterfalls on the Mrežnica for the ultimate lunch location. We’ll then continue south to your boutique hotel in the Plitvice Lakes region, a charismatic hangout with its own on-site petting zoo (don’t be surprised if a few goats wander through the hotel grounds… ).More +
Day 3: DO GO CHASING WATERFALLS
Hike around the enchanting emerald lakes and cascading waterfalls of Plitvice Lakes National Park. Take a four-hour guided amble around this UNESCO World Heritage site, for a full appreciation of its splendour. In the evening, check into your chic lifestyle hotel in Split, and join your Flash Pack pals in the buzzing bars that spread across Croatia’s orange-roofed city
Rise and shine to the sounds of the forest, fresh for a morning of exploring your scenic surroundings. We’re getting back to nature on a guided hike around the Plitvice Lakes National Park. Wrapped in a lush forest cloak, Plitvice Lakes is one of the most beautiful natural phenomena in the world; little surprise it’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During a four-hour guided walk around the turquoise waters, you’ll discover its sixteen terraced lakes that are joined together by almost a hundred cascading waterfalls. Feel the refreshing spray of the plunging waters as we hike our way through this beautiful park, ambling down the wooden walkways for great views and photo opportunities. Afterwards, we’ll hit the road on a scenic and lengthy hour drive to the coastal city of Split. Here, you can make the most of your hotel’s outdoor jacuzzi, or hit the local bars with your fellow Flashpackers in tow. A glass of Croatian wine by the harbour is the perfect way to drink in the feel of this ancient and vivacious city.More +
Day 4: A catamaran to Hvar
Jump aboard a catamaran to nearby Hvar island, known as “the new St Tropez”. Mooch around the winding streets of the hillside fortress town, or stretch out on the island’s chic and tranquil beaches. The crystal-clear water here is crying out for a swim, or you can soak in the local bar scene – which is both thriving and a little off-radar
After another fortifying breakfast, you’ll have the morning to explore Split at your leisure. One of the Med’s most historic cities is packed to the brim with seafront cafes, boutiques and a rich sense of culture, all played out to the backdrop of the sparkling Adriatic sea. After drinking up the atmosphere (and a cappuccino or two), we will catch a catamaran to Hvar from the port*. Tucked away behind the 13th Century walls, Hvar Town’s winding, marble streets are traffic-free, gothic-inspired and overflowing with tucked-away restaurants. Whether you’re up for exploring the elevated citadel, a 300-year-old cypress garden or simply want to spend the afternoon sprawled on the island’s Instagram-worthy beaches, there’ll be something for all you Flashpackers. Hop on the ferry back to Split when you’ve had your fill and party the night away in one of Croatia’s most effervescent cities.
*From April to end of May, the ferry schedule may mean it’s not possible to visit Hvar. In this event you’ll head to the beautiful beaches of Brac Island or the secluded bays of Paklinski Islands instead.More +
Day 5: Farewell Split - and Dubrovnik calling?
It’s the final day! Try and arrange a late flight out, so you can grab a final flavour of splendid Split with our walking trip around the city. If you want to extend the adventure, we can arrange an additional two-night stay at a lovely boutique hotel in Dubrovnik, further down the coast
There is so much to see in Split, so after breakfast, arrange your taxi to the airport and head out for one final taste of this beguiling city. Try and book a later flight, so you can join our last-day walk through a world of palaces, cathedrals and secret alleyways. If the weather is on our side, we will walk over to the pretty nature reserve of Marjan, found on the outskirts of Split with some of the best views in town. Here, you can enjoy a coffee or ice-cream and soak in that stunning scenery before heading back to base. If you fancy one last hurrah before your flight, we wholly recommend climbing the striking Saint Domnius Bell Tower just a stone’s throw from your hotel.
For an optional adventure extension, why not make the most of your time in Croatia and travel down to Dubrovnik? This city of orange-tiled roofs and glittering coastlines is a true delight to discover. We can organise a two-night stay in the beautiful Hotel More with sea-view balconies and transportation from Split to Dubrovnik included. Feel free to contact us if you want to arrange delaying your return to reality after this amazing Croatian experience.
If you are heading home, fly high from your immersive jaunt in a land of sunshine. You’ve kayaked down waterfalls in the heart of the countryside, and soaked in the rays at elegant beaches. You’ve strolled around ancient and enchanting cities, with the Adriatic shimmering in the background, and made the most of the country’s thriving bar scene with a local beer-tasting session. You’ve cruised on a catamaran and wandered around a UNESCO park of terraced lakes framed by lush green forest. All this, while meeting like-minded travellers who share your passion for adventure. We don’t blame you if you just want to disappear off into the Croatian sunset – rather than ever face going home…More +
Fly into: Franjo Tuđman Airport in Zagreb
Fly out of: Resnik Airport in Split
Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
More adventure trips
- Learn to surf (or polish up your skills) and practise yoga at a luxurious coastal hotel
- Join a food safari around the maze of souks in Marrakech
- Glamp in beautiful cinematic-style tents under the stars of Agafay desert
- Hike the Atlas mountains and stay in a traditional Berber guesthouse
- Join a caravan of camels for a sunset ride over the desert
- Relax and be pampered to the core in one of Morocco's best private hammams
- Join a snowmobile safari in search of the Northern Lights
- Slice through the snowy forest with huskies leading the way
- Learn the art of cross-country skiing and flex your skills in the snowy wilderness
- Hop on-board for a reindeer sleigh ride through the winter wonderland
- Tuck into a fireside lunch in a traditional Lappish kota
- Stay in a scenic Finnish location, with lakeside saunas and a cosy restaurant
- Go canyoning through the hidden gorges and waterfalls of Wadi Mujib
- Take a secret "back door" hike into the City of Petra
- Float in the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Cruise over sand dunes by jeep in Wadi Rum before glamping beneath the stars and joining a sunrise camel ride
- Hike the hills and sand dunes of Dana Nature Reserve, passing Bedouin villages and enjoying a fireside lunch
- Star-gaze at an award-winning eco-lodge in the desert
- Learn the art of camp-side cooking from a wilderness chef, and feast on an al fresco banquet
- Sleep in unique tree-top tents, suspended between the forest canopy
- Canoe, paddleboard and wild swim around the epic Nuuksio National Park
- Stay in a one-time Helsinki prison, with barred windows and boutique décor
- Wallow in a lakeside sauna, and bathe in pools overlooking Helsinki harbour
- Knock back craft beer at an artisan brewery, and savour fireside Finnish cocktails
- Learn to ride an iconic Vespa on the open Spanish roads, without a tourist in sight
- Zoom through sunflower fields, hillside forests and pretty medieval towns
- Ride past epic scenery in the Duratón Canyon Nature Reserve
- Feast on delicious local Spanish cuisine and wine, included in the cost of the adventure
- Escape the tourists and discover authentic rural life
- Stay in charming, family-run posadas throughout