- Paddle board across the serene beauty of Lake Bled
- Stay in peaceful glamping huts with your very own hot tubs
- Go canyoning through the streams and lagoons of the Bohinj Valley
- Get back to nature on a hike around Slovenia's largest lake
- Discover the charming beauty of Slovenia's capital on a river boat
- Enjoy alfresco dining at Ljubljana's Open Kitchen
As soon as you breathe in the pure Arctic Circle air and look out to your vast snow-covered horizons, your cares will melt away as quickly as you can say smoked sauna. Get ready to yowl with the huskies after dark as you slice across the snow on a Northern Lights safari. Whether you’re skiing in an exhilarating blur of white beauty, whooshing off on a reindeer ride or gazing up at the sweeping paint strokes above from the luxurious comfort of a lakeside pod, we’ll take you on one revitalising retreat that will well and truly take your icy breath away.
- One of the best places to see the Northern Lights
- Go husky sledding
- Enjoy a reindeer sleigh ride
- Experience the thrill of cross-country skiing (for beginners)
- Immerse yourself in a Finland sauna experience
- Feel the thrill of a snowmobile safari
- Glamp under the Northern Lights
Day 1: Goodbye city lights, hello Northern Lights!
Once you’ve landed in Kittilä airport, it’s time to leave the bright lights of the city behind and head to the Northern Lights of Torassieppi. The cosy wooden cabins here will be your home for the next few days, and you’ll find them invitingly nestled on the edge of an impressive lake with dramatic views of the Pallas-Ylläs National Park. Boasting zero light pollution and the cleanest air in Europe, your accommodation is perfectly placed for a totally refreshing detox. Your fellow detoxing Flashpackers can be met over a delicious homemade dinner where you tuck into incredible organic dishes prepared by the locals.More +
Day 2: Enjoy life in a Christmas card
After a hearty breakfast, we’ll help you realise your childhood fantasy by leading you a few minutes down the road to the local reindeer farm. After a magical ride on a reindeer sled surrounded by stunning natural scenery, you’ll enjoy an informative chat from the the herders and be given the opportunity to explore an authentic Lappish manor house. Build up your strength for an action-packed afternoon ahead, and enjoy lunch by a roaring fire in a traditional Lappish kota. The rest of the day will be taken up with an expert-led cross-country ski lesson, after which you can test your new-found skills on a scenic route of well maintained tracks. Work up an appetite as you admire the landscape’s untouched beauty and pump pure air through your lungs. When the sun finally fades over the snow, it’s time to switch skis for sweaters and cosy down for another delicious dinner.More +
Day 3: Snowmobiles, saunas and husky safaris
Explore this winter wonderland on a revved-up snowmobile for the most exhilarating way to blaze across the endless white tundra. After our snowmobile tour we figure you might need some relaxation after spinning your way across the deep snow, so get ready for a seriously steamy sauna session, complete with all the heat and smoke you’d expect in a traditional Finnish sauna. After dinner in the the warm glow of your hotel, it’s time to level up from your reindeer ride to a fast-paced husky safari. Slice through the trees pulled by howling huskies as you look out for the shimmering and ethereal Northern Lights (best spotted on a clear night).
To squeeze every last minute out of those stunning Northern Lights, we offer the option of upgrading your cabin to an Aurora Dome* where you can sleep beneath the stunning skies with a glass of Prosecco in hand. These are chalet-style pods that keep in all the heat and let in all the lights you want to see. You have comfy beds, a fire, and a spectacular view of the frozen Lake Torassieppi.
*Glamping is an optional extra available for one night only – please ask our team for more information.More +
Day 4: See ya shimmering snowscape
After breakfast it’s time to bid farewell to this enchanting place and take your transfer to the airport, which is about long enough for you to post all your best look-how-much-fun-I-had photos on social media.More +
Finding flights for this northwards voyage to the Arctic Circle can be a little difficult. Please let us know if you are struggling and we will do our very best to help.
We will be staying in the cosy cabins of Hotel Jeris on our December adventure with a slightly different itinerary (involving husky puppies and an ice restaurant!). Give us a bell for the full details.
Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
More adventure trips
- Soak in the sights of the vibrant Marrakech
- Hike the stunning heights of the Atlas Mountains
- Glamp in amazing tents at a luxury desert glamping site
- Saddle up for a sunset camel ride across Agafay Desert
- Follow in the footsteps of Game of Thrones with a visit to Essaouira
- Enjoy surfing lessons and beach yoga at the surfer's paradise of Taghazout
- Learn to ride an iconic Vespa on the open Spanish roads
- Zoom through rural countryside & medieval towns
- There's delicious local cuisine & wine included
- Escape the tourists and discover authentic rural life
- Admire the epic scenery of the Duratón Canyon Nature Reserve
- Stay in charming, family-run posadas throughout
- Explore Zagreb and enjoy local beer tasting
- Kayak the waterfalls of the Mreznica River
- Hike the Plitvice lakes with an expert guide & stay in a nearby boutique hotel
- Visit a mini cheese factory and sample its finest selection
- Catch a catamaran to Hvar Island and relax by the beach
- Your Pack Leader will show you the best bars & restaurants
- Bathe elephants at rescued elephant camp
- Cruise around Bagan on an electric bicycle tour
- Relax on a private boat cruise along the Ayeyarwady river
- Enjoy a sunset tour of Shwedagon Pagoda
- Meet a Kayan tribe and feast on a jungle picnic
- Go truly off the beaten path to parts of Myanmar only just opened to tourists
- Follow in the footsteps of Escobar on an exciting Medellín tour
- Taste your way through one of Colombia’s amazing coffee farms
- Trek through the rainforest and enjoy its cacophony of calling birds and wildlife
- Stay beside paradise beaches in a boutique beach hotel
- Salsa in vibrant Cartagena and watch the sunset at a rooftop pool party
- Sit back on your private speed boat and cruise around the idyllic Rosario Islands