- Learn the art of camp-side cooking from a wilderness chef, and feast on an al fresco banquet
- Sleep in unique tree-top tents, suspended between the forest canopy
- Canoe, paddleboard and wild swim around the epic Nuuksio National Park
- Stay in a one-time Helsinki prison, with barred windows and boutique décor
- Wallow in a lakeside sauna, and bathe in pools overlooking Helsinki harbour
- Knock back craft beer at an artisan brewery, and savour fireside Finnish gin
Glide across the Arctic wilderness behind a pack of howling huskies and go on a twilight snowmobile safari, in search of the Northern Lights. Master the art of cross-country skiing, and flex your skills amid a vast snowy horizon. Hop aboard for a reindeer sleigh ride and tuck into a fireside lunch at a traditional Lappish kota. Stay on the shores of Lake Torassieppi, with lakeside saunas and a rustic restaurant. Revel in a winter playground, with some of the cleanest air and clearest skies in Europe
Our getaway to the snowy outback of Finland may be short, but it’s packed to the brim with bucket-list hits. Get ready to rev full throttle forwards on a fleet of snowmobiles, as you slice across the snow on a snowmobile safari beneath the Northern Lights. Then, during the crisp few hours of daylight, join us as we yowl with the huskies and sled through the trees in a blur of dazzling white beauty. Gear up for a lesson in cross-country skiing, and glide across the vast snowy horizon with your newfound skills. Grab a dash of childhood wonder with a reindeer sleigh ride through snow-clad forests, before meeting the herders and tucking into a lunch by the firelight of a traditional Lappish kota. Need to warm up? Head back to your scenic home by Lake Torassieppi, with steamy lakeside saunas and a restaurant with a roaring log fire. This is your chance to drink in the pure Arctic Circle air – the cleanest of its kind in Europe – as you conquer the elements with a host of fresh experiences. Whether you’re steering huskies through the shimmering wilderness, revelling in Lappish hospitality round a crackling fire or gazing up at the Northern Lights from the luxury of a lakeside pod (an optional upgrade), this trip promises to take your icy breath away.
The Flash Pack promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
- Go on snowmobile safari at twilight, for a bucket list experience
- Zoom across the Arctic horizon on a convoy of husky sleds
- One of the best places in the world to see the dancing Northern Lights
- Learn the art of cross-country skiing and flex your skills in the snowy wilderness
- Hop on-board for a reindeer sleigh ride, and learn about the lives of the herders
- Unwind in lakeside saunas and enjoy the beautiful restaurant
- Tuck into a cosy lunch by the firelight of a traditional Lappish kota
- Savour a serene winter wonderland, with some of the cleanest air and clearest skies in Europe
Day 1: Goodbye city lights, hello Northern Lights
Touch down in Finland and be whisked to Lake Torassieppi, where you can settle into this winter wonderland, complete with log fires and on-site saunas. Meet your fellow Flashpackers and guide over a hearty dinner of local Finnish delights, and toast marshmallows over the campfire.
Land in Kittilä airport by 5pm, where a transfer will whisk you to the Northern Lights of Torassieppi. Here you’ll find your home for the next few days, invitingly nestled on the edge of Lake Torassieppi with dramatic views of the Pallas-Ylläs National Park. Boasting zero light pollution and the cleanest air in Europe, the location is quite spectacular and a million miles off the hustle of city life. Just to sweeten the deal, there are two lakeside saunas for you to wallow in come evening, and the rustic restaurant comes with a gorgeous log fire. This is where you’ll meet your guide and fellow Flashpackers at 8pm, for a delicious homemade dinner. Tuck into mouthwatering organic dishes prepared by local chefs, and cheers to the adventure ahead. As the night draws in, we’ll then gather around a crackling campfire with hot drinks and marshmallows to toast. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled on the horizon to see if the ethereal Northern Lights work their magic…More +
Day 2: Reindeer rides and snowmobile safaris
Take a reindeer ride through the snowy Finnish wilderness and then cosy up for a fireside lunch in a traditional Lappish kota. Then, dial down in a traditional sauna with an optional plunge into the ice. In the evening, head out for a magical snowmobile safari under the glow of the Northern Lights
After a hearty breakfast, we’ll help you realise a childhood fantasy just a few minutes down the road, at the local reindeer farm. Jump aboard for a magical ride on a reindeer sled amid snow-clad pine trees and a vast white horizon. Afterwards, you’ll be able to chat to the herders, and learn all about their lives in this winter wonderland. There’s also an opportunity to explore an authentic Lappish manor house. Then, it’s time to savour the cosiest lunch known to mankind, by the roaring fire of a traditional Lappish kota. Feeling full and ready to relax, we’ll then kick back at an arctic spa where you can unwind amid the plumes of steam in a traditional Finnish sauna. For those brave enough, swap the steamy warmth of the sauna for a bracing ice swim in your swimsuits. It’s an invigorating experience going from one extreme to the other, perfect for embracing the elements and getting your lungs pumping. You can then warm up over another sumptuous dinner, before heading back out into the snowy wilderness. This evening we’re exploring this winter playground on a fleet of revved-up snowmobiles. Blaze across the endless white tundra for a thrilling snowmobile safari that will get that adrenaline well and truly soaring. Steer your way through the shimmering forest landscape, cruising well away from any light pollution in search of those dazzling Northern Lights. It’s bucket list stuff.More +
Day 3: Husky safaris & cross-country skiing
Slice across the Finnish playground on a husky safari, steering through snowy forests with howling huskies blazing the trail. Join in a cross-country ski lesson and flex your new skills on a labyrinth of tracks that stretch out into the vast white horizon
After conquering the snowmobiles, our next mode of winter transport comes in the form of howling huskies. Get set for some serious cuteness this morning as we visit a husky farm, where there may even be some husky puppies to cuddle if you’re lucky. We’ll then get to see them in action on a 9km husky safari. A highlight of the trip for many of our Flashpackers, enjoy slicing through the trees pulled by dashing huskies as you steer them through the magical landscape. Fuel up over lunch back at the restaurant, before the outdoor adventure continues with some cross-country skiing. After a quick lesson, you’re free to test your new-found skills on a scenic route of well-maintained tracks (read about fitness levels on Flash Pack adventures). Work up a monster appetite as you marvel at the untouched beauty of the Finnish terrain, before gathering around for a farewell dinner with your fellow Flashpackers. Feast upon hearty Finnish dishes in the warm glow of the restaurant, savouring your last night of cosy escapism.
To squeeze every last minute out of those glorious Northern Lights, we offer the option of upgrading to an Aurora Dome* where you can sleep beneath the greenish Arctic skies with a glass of Prosecco in hand. These are chalet-style pods that keep in all the heat, while offering a front-row seat to the skies. You have comfy beds, a wood-burning stove, and spectacular views of the frozen Lake Torassieppi.More +
Day 4: Farewell, Finnish snowscape
It’s time to close the chapter on our breath-taking Finnish escape, but what an adventure it’s been!
After breakfast, it’s time to bid farewell to this enchanting land of snow and breathe in your last few lung-fulls of the cleanest air in Europe. Your transfer awaits to take you to the airport, which is about long enough for you to post all your best look-how-much-fun-I-had photos on social media. Ride home warmed by the thrills of your immersive Finnish escape. You’ve conquered an icy wilderness on a convoy of huskies, and blazed across the snow on a snowmobile safari beneath the Northern Lights (if the weather plays ball). You’ve mastered the art of cross-country skiing and practised your skills on the vast snowy landscape. You’ve jumped aboard a reindeer ride and had lunch by the firelight of a Lappish kota. You’ve dined on hearty Finnish cuisine and got your chill on in steamy lakeside saunas. All this, with a glorious winter landscape and like-minded solo travellers thrown into the mix. We wouldn’t blame you if you grabbed one of your newfound husky pals and sledded off into the horizon forever more…More +
Fly into and out of Kittilä Airport
Finding flights for this northwards voyage to the Arctic Circle can be a little difficult. Please let us know if you are struggling and we will do our very best to help.
You need to have a driving license from your home country in order to drive a snowmobile.
We will be staying in the cosy cabins of Hotel Jeris on our December adventure instead.
Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
More adventure trips
- Slice across the ice of Langjökull glacier on a fleet of snowmobiles
- Hike across the ridges and ravines of Sólheimajökull glacier
- Bathe in the steamy warmth of the iconic Blue Lagoon
- Explore the extraordinary geysers and waterfalls of the Golden Circle
- Watch the Northern Lights from an outdoor hot tub at a remote Icelandic lodge
- Savour Iceland's dynamic foodie scene with a delicious three-course dinner in Reykjavík
- Hop aboard a private RIB boat ride, for a front-row seat to the fjords
- Navigate the blue ice of Nigardsbreen glacier, with crampons and ice-picks and an expert guide
- Sea-kayak along the Fjærland fjord, amid spectacular mountain scenery
- Savour a traditional Norwegian three-course dinner and glacier picnic
- Hike to the Leim goat farm for cheese-tasting and lunch
- A whistlestop adventure in the Norwegian wilderness, with like-minded solo travellers
- Paddle board across the serene beauty of Lake Bled
- Sleep beneath the stars in peaceful glamping huts with your very own hot tubs
- Go canyoning through the streams, lagoons and waterfalls of the Bohinj Valley
- Get back to nature on a hike around Slovenia's largest lake
- Join a bar crawl through lively Ljubljana with your fellow Flashpackers
- Forget city breaks, supersize your weekend with this wilderness escape
- Sail down 5-8m waterfalls with a kayaking safari on the Mrežnica river
- Hike the breathtaking falls and shimmering lakes of Plitvice Lakes
- Take a ferry to Hvar island, and revel in its chic bar and beach scene
- Stay in a boutique hotel in Split, and a medieval-style retreat with its own petting zoo
- Try local craft ale in a Zagreb beer-tasting session, and visit a Croatian cheese farm
- Wild-swim waterfalls and turquoise coastlines in this land of sunshine
- Take a moonlight snowshoe trek through the forest, warming up with campfire s'mores and hot apple cider
- Ski and snowboard down the slopes of Sun Peaks, with lessons for beginners available
- Zoom across the remote wintry outback on a thrilling snowmobile safari
- Snow tube down a winding alpine course, and ice skate at the Olympic Plaza rink
- Take part in après-ski in the bucket-list resort of Whistler and hit the nightlife of downtown Vancouver
- Stay in cosy ski lodges just moments from the slopes, with saunas, heated pools and hot tubs