- Unwind on the idyllic coral island of Gili Air
- Soak up the wildlife and spectacular scenery of Ubud, Bali’s cultural soul
- See locals praying in the healing waters of an ancient temple
- Learn how to cook the Balinese way, and snorkel a WW2 shipwreck
- Savour cocktails on the beach as you soak in spectacular Balinese sunsets
- Hike to the summit of Mount Batur, a live volcano, at sunrise
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re after a relaxing, breach-sprawled holiday, don’t come on this tour. This is a tour for adventurous chaos-embracers who love all things colour and flavour. In the culture shock that is India, we’ll take you to the Taj Mahal and SO much more- from tuk tuk tours to Hollywood filming locations. After the hectic vibrancy of India, it’s then onto the deep tranquility of Nepal for some downright breath-taking scenery. This means trekking the foothills of the Himalayas and breathing in mountain air that re-energises the soul like a thunderbolt of caffeine. It’s an exhilarating tour of total contrasts, one that will have you waking before sunrise and receiving an intense traffic-dodging education, yet we guarantee you won’t stop talking about it for years.
- Watch the sunrise over the Taj Mahal
- River raft along the River Seti to an awesome glamping site
- Go mountain trekking in Nepal
- Tuk tuk your way through Delhi on an evening street food tour
- Walk the old streets of Jaipur and visit the amazing Amber Fort
- Check out the Chand Baori Stepwell, as seen in Hollywood films
- Explore Delhi’s rich history and bustling street life
- Relax and unwind in picturesque Pokhara
- Party the night away in Kathmandu
Day 1: Dive in to Delhi
Namaste and welcome to India! Your driver will be waiting for you as you step off the plane, ready to whizz you straight to your first hotel. This afternoon there’ll be a quick group briefing to officially meet your Flash Pack family for the next few weeks. Then feel free to explore the vibrant chaos of Delhi, its crazy sounds, smells and sights will be an awesome shock to the system! Immerse yourself in the riot of activity for as long as your jet lag can handle, then enjoy dinner at a cool local restaurant for your first real taste of Indian food.
Day 2: A Ricksaw-Dodging Walking Tour of Deli
After a light breakfast at your hotel, we’re taking you on a walking food tour of Old Delhi. Prepare to have your mind and tastebuds blown as you weave through the city’s spice-infused alleys and market stalls, experiencing urban India at its most intoxicating (watch out for those monkeys, cows and rickshaws though!) Then for lunch prepare to dine at the palace of Heritage Haveli, getting stuck into Indian cuisine in this magical setting. Afterwards we’re heading to the stunning Sikh Temple of Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, one of the most beautiful sights in Delhi. Then the evening is yours to do whatever you like in this dynamic city.
Day 3: Your palace awaits in Jaipur
After breakfast you’ll wave goodbye to India’s bustling capital and head out on the road to Jaipur – an experience not for the faint hearted! Forget what you think you knew about roads, and expect fellow traffic-weavers to come in the shape of cows and camels alongside Bollywood-blaring trucks, cars and revving motorcycles. Arrive in Jaipur ready to feel like royalty as you check in to your exquisite hotel, where you can spend the rest of the day topping up your tan by the shaded pool, and exploring the decadent interiors and beautifully carved balconies of this unique hotel. You won’t ever want to leave.
Day 4: Take selfies with the monkeys at Amber Fort
It may be an early rise this morning yet you’re in for a totally unique experience with a visit to the Krishna Temple. The showing of the gods is a sensational sight to behold, full of chanting locals and colourful vibrancy. Return to the hotel for breakfast, before exploring Jaipur on a morning tour of this historic Pink City. You’ll then be spending the afternoon exploring the majestic Amber Fort, famous for its mirror clad rooms, elaborate marble halls and sun-kissed turrets. You’ll also find some cheeky local monkeys just itching to photobomb your selfies.More +
Day 5: Follow the footsteps of Batman
Here’s where you get to feature in your own road movie as you wave goodbye to Jaipur for a 6 hour drive to Agra; simply point your camera anywhere along the road and you have the perfect panorama for any Hollywood blockbuster. Speaking of films, there’ll be a short detour to Abhaneri where the Chand Baori stepwell has been used in numerous films from The Dark Knight Rises to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Built over 1000 years ago, thousands of ancient steps lead down to a deep well where the air there becomes cooler. With an impressive temple on one side, this spectacular piece of architecture remains largely unexplored by tourists (conveniently for us authentic travellers). Then it’s on to your hotel in Agra, where the rest of the day is yours to explore and that rooftop pool is the perfect place to enjoy an ice cold kingfisher.More +
Day 6: Witness an unforgettable Taj Mahal sunrise
Like most people we’re a sucker for a lie in, but if there’s one thing worth getting up before dawn for it’s an early morning visit to see the sunrise at the Taj Mahal. As the night mist clears and the sun begins to rise, the sky glows fiery red with the spirit of adventure as you take in one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. We’ll then return to the hotel for breakfast before an afternoon drive back to Delhi. Then it’s time to travel in true tuk tuk style on an evening street food tour through this flavour-bursting city.
Day 7: Next up, Nepal!
Today might see the end of your time in India but your Flash Pack adventure does not end here, as we’re whisking you off to Nepal. The two countries may be neighbours yet they’re remarkably different, with the chaos of India perfectly followed by the calmer ambiance of Nepal. Most companies would make you get the bus, but we travel in style with a much shorter domestic flight where you’ll fly to Kathmandu before a connecting flight to Pokhara. Here you’ll check into your lakeside hotel and breathe in that peace and quiet.
Day 8: Touch the Sky on a Trek through Dhampus
After a hearty breakfast, today we’re making the most of this trek-tastic destination. Don’t worry if you haven’t packed your air tanks and goggles, we won’t be trying to trek up Mount Everest (this time, anyway). Today’s three hour hiking excursion up Nepal’s imposing mountains is less stress and more fun – you’ll exchange calories for exhilaration as you make like Kanye and touch the sky in Dhampus. As a reward for your climb, you’ll be treated to 360 degree views of the Annapurna Range at 1750m above sea level, which sure beats going for a walk in the park, especially when you throw in a spot of yoga or meditation. Better still, you’re in Dhampus for the night, nearer to the stars than you’ve probably ever been so prepare for some serious stargazing.
Day 9: Lakeside living in Pokhara
This morning it’s time trek back down to Phedi for two hours before being driven back to your lakeside base in Pokhara. Here you’ll have the rest of the afternoon to recover those weary bones and gaze out at the sun bouncing off the serene surface of Lake Phewa.More +
Day 10: Put your feet up in the Himalayan foothills
Ok we admit it. We’ve worked you pretty hard so far with a jam-packed itinerary full of early mornings, city explorations and mountain trekking. Today’s a day for lie-ins, leisurely breakfasts and lounging by the lake, but for the adrenaline junkies among us, this resort lies in the epicenter of aero-dynamic thermal action where warm breeze of the Seti Canyon meets with icy cold wind from the Himalayas. This creates a real hotspot for paragliding and other wind sports in South Asia, so for an optional extra you can spend the day freewheeling through the sky amongst magnificent birds of prey instead. Your call.More +
Day 11: Floating off the beaten path
Once you’re all breakfasted and ready we’ll set off through the Nepalese countryside to Damauli. Our destination is a stunning slice of unspoilt beauty, so much so that it can’t be reached on wheels. This means a day of awesome river rafting awaits, surrounded by natural beauty and valley views. This will kick off with a quick briefing from the boat crew of the Seti River Camp, before you hop aboard your rafts and float along the Seti River. This is an amazing opportunity to see village life along the banks as well as an abundant variety of birds. We’ll stop for a picnic lunch on a sandy beach, before cruising along to the charming riverside tents you’ll call home. This awesome overnight camp is completely in the middle of nowhere, so you can lie back in its hammocks or chill around the campfire feeling a true sense of escapism.
Day 12: From the calm to the capital, hello Kathmandu
This morning, wake up in your peaceful tent and enjoy the sensation of being truly away from it all. Here you’ll spend the morning rafting along the Seti River back to civilisation, where our 4.5 hour journey through incredible scenery to Kathmandu begins. Upon reaching this lively capital, we’ll check into the hotel where the rest of the day is yours to do as you please. You’ll see why we chose this hotel as soon as you look out to the incredible mountain views from its amazing infinity pool– it’s ideal Instagram material to make your friends insane with envy.
Day 13: Last minute souvenirs in Kathmandu
Enjoy a leisurely lie-in on your last full day, before an afternoon of exploring this Nepalese neck of the woods. We’re treating you to a sightseeing tour of Thamel, Nepal’s shopping mecca, as well as visiting picturesque Patan. Then, seeing as it is your last night, perhaps a few drinks at one of the city’s snazzy bars are in order? We definitely think so!
Day 14: A final swim in the rooftop pool
After your magical two-week pilgrimage through India and Nepal, what better way to reflect on your bounty of memories and achievements than by chilling out with a cocktail by the hotel’s rooftop pool after breakfast? You are still on holiday after all, even if only for another hour or two. Once you’ve booked the taxi to the airport and and are all packed up, it’s time to return to reality (unfortunately we think the staff might notice if you hide by the pool, might be worth a shot though…)
Fly into: Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
Fly out of: Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
More adventure trips
- Discover the island voted best in the world and stay 3 nights here
- Jump off your private boat and go snorkelling in an underwater world
- Spend 2 nights camping on a secret beach for island hopping & beach BBQs
- Cruise the vibrant capital by bamboo bikes
- Explore the awesome Chocolate Hills on quad bikes
- Go paddle boarding along the picturesque River Loboc
- Bathe elephants at rescued elephant camp
- Cruise around Bagan on a bicycle tour
- Relax on a private boat cruise along the Ayeyarwady river
- Enjoy a sunset tour of Shwedagon Pagoda
- Meet a Kayan tribe and feast on a jungle picnic
- Go truly off the beaten path to parts of Myanmar only just opened to tourists
- Trek through stunning Sapa Villages and meet the indigenous people
- Stay the night aboard Halong Bay in a traditional junk boat
- Kayak through the awesome limestone caves of Halong Bay
- Explore the colourful sights and heritage of Hoi An
- Discover the secrets of Vietnamese cuisine at a cooking class
- Gaze at both the sunrise and sunset over Angkor Wat
- Spot leopards & elephants on a safari in Yala national park
- Release baby turtles into the ocean at a local conservation project
- Climb to the top of the iconic Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Take an incredible train journey from Nuwara Eliya to Haputale
- Taste the world's best tea in the charming tea plantations of Ella
- Cycle through the ancient ruins of Polonnaruwa
- Climb Table Mountain and abseil part of the way down
- Paddle board alongside the penguins of Cape Town
- Swim with seals in Plettenberg Bay and go whale watching in Hermanus
- Stay in a luxury lodge and go on incredible safaris & bush walks
- Enjoy a surfing lesson on the waves of Kynsna Lagoon
- Go vineyard hopping and wine tasting in Stellenbosch