- Learn to surf (or polish up your skills) and practise yoga at a luxurious coastal hotel
- Join a food safari around the maze of souks in Marrakech
- Glamp in beautiful cinematic-style tents under the stars of Agafay desert
- Hike the Atlas mountains and stay in a traditional Berber guesthouse
- Join a caravan of camels for a sunset ride over the desert
- Relax and be pampered to the core in one of Morocco's best private hammams
Canyon the hidden ravines and gorges of Wadi Mujib, as you fly down waterfalls and scramble across rocks. Veer off the beaten track by hiking a secret “back door” trail to the Rose Red City of Petra, and star-gaze at an award-winning lodge. Learn the art of Jordanian cooking and trek through the Dana Nature Reserve, passing Bedouin villages along the way. Cruise across the sand dunes of Wadi Rum in a fleet of jeeps, before glamping in the desert and joining a sunrise camel ride
Touch down in this parched terracotta landscape and prepare to embrace your inner Indiana Jones. Here the earth glows fiery red from the blazing sun, sandstone cliffs are carved into Wonders of the World and the mint tea never stops flowing. This week-long Jordanian whirlwind is full of bucket list experiences, from floating in the buoyant Dead Sea to admiring the Lost City of Petra in all its ancient splendour. We are getting beneath the sun-baked skin of this beautiful county, with candlelit voyages to the iconic Treasury, canyoning expeditions through the waterfalls and gorges of the Wadi Mujib and glamping beneath the stars in the lunar-like beauty of the Wadi Rum desert. Join us as we veer off the beaten path to discover the secret back door to Petra, trek through the vast wadis of Jordan’s largest nature reserve and track down the capital’s best falafel. Prepare to saddle up for sunrise camel rides and chase across the reddened dunes in off-road jeeps. Get set to go off grid and gaze upon a shimmering night sky from one of the world’s leading eco-lodges, and explore the bustling side alleys of downtown Amman. You’d be forgiven for thinking you’ve stumbled across the set of a Hollywood blockbuster, yet this is Jordan and there is no CGI necessary.
The Flash Pack promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
- Glide down waterfalls and scramble around steep mountain ravines, as you canyon the Wadi Mujib
- Veer off the tourist trail to hike a secret "back door" route to the Rose Red City of Petra
- Float in the mineral-rich Dead Sea and watch the sun go down over the horizon
- Stay in a unique desert eco-lodge and see the sky come alive with thousands of stars
- Learn the art of Jordanian cooking, and get beneath the skin of local Bedouin culture
- See Petra by candlelight, and sleep beneath the stars with Wadi Rum glamping
- Explore the lunar landscape of Wadi Rum on a fleet of jeeps, and via a sunrise camel ride
- Take an epic hike through Dana Nature Reserve, passing Bedouin villages and stopping for a fire-side lunch
Day 1: Jet Set to Jordan
Soak in the pace and bustle of downtown Amman, and marvel at the old-meets-new ambience of this dazzling city. Check into your hotel, meet your guide and say hi to fellow Flashpackers as they arrive
Step off the plane in Amman and prepare for an exotic eight day adventure. You’ll be met at the airport by your English-speaking driver who’ll whisk you to your hotel. Today you can enjoy the chaotic labyrinth of the capital’s downtown, where you’ll find a lively hub of ornate mosques, delicious mezze cuisine and earthy Roman ruins. Welcome to the Middle East! Most flights get in late so we’ll hold off with the exploration, the real adventure starts tomorrow.More +
Day 2: Kickass canyoning and floating in the Dead Sea
Canyon your way through the dramatic ravines and river gorges of Wadi Mujib, in a thrilling dose of adventure. Bond with your fellow Flash Pack pals as you heave each other over giant rocks, glide down waterfalls and leap across natural cliff pools. Reward your efforts by floating in the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea and watching the sun go down
Enjoy that awesome feeling of waking up in a new country and prepare for a day of exploring. First up, we’re heading to the ancient citadel of Amman before leaving the capital behind for the breathtaking canyons of Wadi Mujib. Here you’ll be hiking, climbing and sliding through its towering sandstone canyons and hidden gorges. (Wondering how fit you need to be for a Flash Pack adventure? Find out more here). This beautiful setting will then get even more spectacular upon reaching a large waterfall plunging into the parched surroundings. Depending on the amount of rainfall, here you can dive into the cool waters and enjoy its natural obstacles, waterslides and plunge pools. The adventure then continues to the Mujib Biosphere Reserve, where you’ll be staying in peaceful chalets with uninterrupted views of the iconic Dead Sea. This striking landscape is an Instagram-lover’s dream, yet we’re not merely snapping the scene but getting in it. This evening, we’ll be swimming, or rather floating, in the buoyant Dead Sea. This shimmering sea is slowly disappearing, so now is the time to go. Trust us, lying back in the lowest point on Earth is a truly unforgettable experience (albeit a bit salty).
Day 3: Hike through the desert and lie beneath the stars
Take a 14km hike through the Dana Nature Reserve, drinking in a remote and other-worldly landscape of sand dunes, pinkish valleys and vast open plains. Pass by Bedouin villages and stop for fresh mint tea and lunch around an open fire, before arriving at an award-winning candlelit eco-lodge. Lie out on the rooftop for a front-row seat to the stars
Wake up in your peaceful surroundings and enjoy breakfast with killer views of the Dead Sea. Today we’re heading to Jordan’s largest nature reserve, Dana Nature Park, which is 320 square kilometres of stunning mountains and vast wadis. Such awesome scenery deserves a good ol’ trek, so you’ll set off on a 14km hike through this beautiful reserve. Keep your eyes peeled for the rare forms of flora and fauna as you descend through four different bio-geological zones. Then, after plenty of mint tea pit-stops and a fire-side lunch, you’ll arrive in Feynan where your jeeps await. Tonight we’re going off grid and staying at Feynan eco-lodge, a unique and award-winning retreat that’s powered by the sun. Expect hundreds of glowing lanterns and candles, hearty home-cooked food and an incredible starscape over the desert. Head to the rooftop for a glittering night-time performance.More +
Day 4: Cooking classes and candlelit Petra
Learn to cook falafels, chill in the sun or get beneath the skin of Bedouin culture at Feynan eco-lodge in the morning. Then, head to the Rose Red City of Petra, one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. As night draws in, take a magical candlelit walk to The Treasury, with live Bedouin music
This morning there is a whole host of activities to choose from, as arranged by the eco-lodge. Your guides here will talk you through the options the evening before, so you can decide what you fancy taking part in. You may want to just chill at your ecolodge in the sun or you can learn about the local Bedouin culture or conjure up a three-course veggie lunch at an authentic cooking class. Afterwards, we’re heading to the Ancient City of Petra for a truly magical experience, involving 1500 candles and one spectacular tomb. The Treasury, as seen in Indiana Jones, is illuminated by candlelight at night, casting dancing shadows across its beautifully-carved facade. Live Bedouin music will create a hushed and peaceful environment, as you walk spellbound down a 2km stretch of the narrowly-winding Siq to reach this stunning spectacle. Have your cameras at the ready!More +
Day 5: The Secret back door to Petra
Discover the back route into Petra, far from the tourist crowds, with a hidden hiking trail. Follow the secret path to the world-famous Monastery, and stop for a picnic before exploring Petra’s other show-stopping archaeological wonders. After a long day’s walking (20km in total), celebrate with a local Bedouin feast in Little Petra
If there was a headline act for your adventure, today would be it. A full day exploring Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, lies ahead. After breakfast, your guide will take you to the ‘back door’ of Petra, where you will be able to see the city from the reverse direction to most other visitors. Climb up a long fleet of steps and hike the secret route to the Monastery, one of Petra’s incredible facades chiselled out of the dusty-pink cliffs. Enjoy a picnic here before taking the Monastery steps back down to the Colonnaded Street, Theatre, Street of Facades and finally the spectacular Treasury (in shining daylight this time). We’ll then return to the hotel to freshen up and relax. After a leg-pumping day of nearly 20km of walking, we recommend a Turkish Bath to soothe those muscles. This evening you’re going to experience local Bedouin cuisine at its finest with a freshly prepared dinner in the twinkling lights of Little Petra, Petra’s off-radar neighbour. Savour delicious regional food surrounded by intricate designs carved into the sandstone canyon.More +
Day 6: Cruise the desert sand dunes by jeep
Race across the Wadi Rum in a fleet of desert jeeps, and soak in the beauty of ancient rock formations and craters on a heart-pumping ride. Go flying down sand dunes and look in awe upon the Seven Pillars of Wisdom. Watch the sun go down over the lunar-like horizon, and glamp out beneath the desert sky
From Indiana Jones to Lawrence of Arabia, today we’re heading to the striking red desert of Wadi Rum. Gaze out at this ethereal landscape of jagged mountains, giant craters and sand dunes that stretch away into the horizon, before jumping aboard a fleet of desert jeeps. We’ll cruise across the open sand in these 4x4s, admiring the Seven Pillars of Wisdom and beautiful naturally-formed bridges. Scramble your way up to amazing viewpoints, with the tapestry of an ancient and mysterious world unfolding before you. Unless you’re a budding astronaut, this is the closest you will come to visiting Mars. Then, after the highs of all this off-roading, we’ll find a prime spot to watch a breathtaking sunset from. The changing colours here will gradually become a thick blanket of stars, perfect for a night of glamping beneath them.More +
Day 7: A sunrise camel ride, and sunset in the city
Join a sunrise camel trek across Wadi Rum for spectacular desert views. Then, return to Amman for your last few hours in this mesmerising country. Dine out at a brilliant local restaurant and visit the capital’s buzzing rooftop bars
As the rising sun casts a serene pink hue across the vast landscape, even the grumpiest of morning people will become eager early risers today. Let’s just say a desert sunrise is worth getting up for, particularly when you’re admiring it on the back of a camel and setting forth into the glowing landscape. After breakfast at your luxury camp, we’ll be heading back along the desert highway for approximately 4-5 hours to Amman. Here, you can spend a few hours sightseeing and shopping your way around this underrated city. This evening is your final meal in Jordan (boo) so enjoy a farewell dinner at a great rooftop restaurant. Then it’s time to hit up some of Amman’s popular rooftop bars. It’s your last night in this awesome country, so get those drinks in and enjoy!More +
Day 8: What a week it’s been!
Flashpackers, it’s time to say au revoir to dazzling Jordan. What an adventure!
The time has come for your Jordan adventure to draw to an end. But before you howl into your cornflakes, think of all the awesome new friends/memories/photos you’re returning home with. Together with your Flashpacking pals, you’ve navigated the ravines and waterfalls of Wadi Mujib, floated in the Dead Sea and hiked through the Dana Nature Reserve. You’ve gone off grid in a unique eco-lodge, marvelled at Petra by day and candlelight, and taken a sunrise camel ride through the sand dunes of Wadi Rum. You’ve glamped beneath a bed of glistening stars, explored the eclectic capital and watched the sun come up and down over ancient rock formations. You’ve savoured fabulous local food, ticked off a series of bucket-list moments and made brilliant new pals in the process. So head to the airport safe in the knowledge of how amazing it’s been. Or, grab a camel and head for the hills – your call.More +
Fly into and out of Amman International Airport (Queen Alia International Airport)
Flights into Jordan can arrive at rather unsociable hours, so don’t worry if your flight arrives at around midnight on day 1 as you’re likely not be the only one and this is why we have no plans for day 1 of the adventure.
Hotels in Jordan are not quite as flash as we would hope so this adventure sees you stay in a variety of comfortable city hotels and characterful properties with amazing views.
Canyoning in Wadi Mujib is a seasonal activity which is only open from 1st April to 31st October. For tours that miss out on this awesome adventure we have another plan which includes seeing Mount Nebo and the ridiculously warm waterfall at Ma’in Hot Spring, for more information please give us a call.
Temperatures can get quite low during the winter, especially in the mountains or in the desert at night so do remember to pack a jumper!
Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
More adventure trips
- Climb Cape Town's iconic Table Mountain and abseil part of the way down
- Stay in a luxury safari lodge and go on incredible game drives and bush walks
- Paddle board alongside the penguins of Cape Town
- Learn how to surf on the waves of Kynsna Lagoon
- Swim with seals in Plettenberg Bay and go whale-watching in Hermanus
- Go vineyard-hopping and wine-tasting in the valleys of Stellenbosch
- Sail down 5-8m waterfalls with a kayaking safari on the Mrežnica river
- Hike the breathtaking falls and shimmering lakes of Plitvice Lakes
- Take a ferry to Hvar island, and revel in its chic bar and beach scene
- Stay in a boutique hotel in Split, and a medieval-style retreat with its own petting zoo
- Try local craft ale in a Zagreb beer-tasting session, and visit a Croatian cheese farm
- Wild-swim waterfalls and turquoise coastlines in this land of sunshine
- Learn to ride an iconic Vespa on the open Spanish roads, without a tourist in sight
- Zoom through sunflower fields, hillside forests and pretty medieval towns
- Ride past epic scenery in the Duratón Canyon Nature Reserve
- Feast on delicious local Spanish cuisine and wine, included in the cost of the adventure
- Escape the tourists and discover authentic rural life
- Stay in charming, family-run posadas throughout
- Cruise around the Rosario Islands by private boat, and trek through the rainforest of Tayrona National Park
- Taste different rums and learn to salsa in the colourful city of Cartagena
- Party in one of Bogotá's leading nightspots, and master a game of gunpowder and beer
- Tube down the Palomina River, floating past a vast region of tropical wilderness
- Climb the iconic Piedra del Peñol and kayak across the Guatapé reservoir
- Stay at a series of boutique hotels, with rooftop pools, spas and beach bars
- Sail through the mighty glaciers of Patagonia on a day-long boat ride
- Tackle the Base Las Torres hike and trek through the Chilean Lake District
- Ride the rapids of Petrohue River, and leap into the warm volcanic waters
- Taste wine from the barrel at a family-run vineyard, and star-gaze over sundowners in Valle de la Luna
- See the Tatio geysers erupt at sunrise and unwind in nearby hot springs
- Stay at a series of beautiful hotels, including a boutique desert retreat with a large pool and fire pits