- Learn to ride an iconic Vespa on the open Spanish roads, without a tourist in sight
- Zoom through sunflower fields, hillside forests and pretty medieval towns
- Ride past epic scenery in the Duratón Canyon Nature Reserve
- Feast on delicious local Spanish cuisine and wine, included in the cost of the adventure
- Escape the tourists and discover authentic rural life
- Stay in charming, family-run posadas throughout
Join a vineyard safari around the hazy Prosecco Hills of Italy, drinking in fabulous wine and sumptuous views in roughly equal measure. Pick your own grapes and learn how Prosecco is made at two leading wine estates. Take an insider trip along the backstreets of Venice, discovering local neighbourhood gems along the way. Cycle along the Little Venice of the Mainland and stay in a boutique B&B in the medieval town of Treviso. Feast on Tiramisù in the birthplace of the decadent desert. Guzzle up delicious local delicacies, knock back regional wine and be treated to a traditional Italian lunch
We don’t mean to alarm you but the world may be running out of Prosecco (please try to remain calm). With rumours of low supplies bubbling around almost as much as its sparkling fizz, we need heroes like YOU to head out to the Prosecco Hills – just so the Prosecco phenomenon is never forgotten. Our local insiders will get you right in on the juicy action, and we’re informed that…uhm, there is quite a bit of wine left at the moment… With like minded do-gooders, we’ll jet you off to Treviso, in the heart of the Prosecco producing region. Here you’ll be treated to exclusive vineyard safaris where you can see the Prosecco harvesting in action, all whilst indulging in regional wines and sampling delicious local delicacies. Buoyed up by the bubbles, this charming getaway continues in the bucket list beauty of Venice. Forget the touristy cliches and prepare to go off the beaten path to discover secret local hangouts and the best food in town. This is Italian escapism at its finest, complete with rolling landscapes, beautiful bike rides and Tiramisù tastings. Not to mention a boutique B&B and a vibrant dash of grape-picking. As the wells run dry, pack your suitcase and head for the hills. This is not a drill: la dolce vita awaits.
The Flash Pack promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
- Take an exclusive safari around the vineyards and wine estates of the Prosecco Hills
- Learn about the ancient tradition of Prosecco making, and pick your own grapes
- Try delicious local wines and Prosecco amid the rolling Italian landscape
- Cycle the beautiful River Sile in Treviso, known as the Little Venice of the Mainland
- Feast on Tiramisù in the birthplace of the decadent desert
- Explore the back streets of Venice with an guided walking trip around local foodie hot spots
- Stay in a boutique B&B in Treviso, with its narrow cobbled streets and medieval city walls
- Dine on local delicacies to complement the wine, and a traditional Italian lunch
Day 1: Savour the sparkling Prosecco Hills
Take a private transfer from the airport to your boutique B&B in Treviso. Meet your guide and fellow Flashpackers, and embark on a safari around legendary local vineyards and wine estates. Pick your own grapes and mosey through the rolling green hills. Knock back a glass or three of bubbly, along with delicious appetisers in the serene Italian landscape. Return to Treviso for free time
Your personal chauffeur will pick you up at Venice airport, ready to take you on a whirlwind safari of flavour and effervescent bubbles. We’ll whisk you to your hotel in Treviso, where you’ll meet your tour leader and fellow Flashpackers. It’s then time to get first-hand experience of wine and Prosecco-making, with a visit to a prestigious wine estate. Your guide will spill all the juicy secrets of wine-making during an amble around the sun-dappled vineyards, giving you the chance to pick your own grapes, while learning about the effort and passion that goes into producing a high-quality glass of vino. The best part of any wine safari is drinking it, so indulge in a glass (or three) of bubbly paired with delicious chicchetti – bite-sized local delicacies – against the backdrop of the hazy Prosecco Hills. Heaven! Once you’ve eaten and drunk to your heart’s content, your driver will take you to another wine estate for yet more tastings. We’ll then head back to your boutique B&B in the heart of charming Treviso. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, deliberating over which amazing restaurant to enjoy dinner at. It’s a hard life, but someone’s got to do it…More +
Day 2: Discover the secrets of Venice
Get under the skin of Venice as the locals know it, with a guided walking trip around the lesser-known streets, bridges and neighbourhood foodie hot spots. Feast on a dazzling array of cicchetti finger food and top-notch regional wine before drinking in the delights of the city on your own, with a free afternoon
Today is all about exploring – there’s so much to see in this ancient world of marble palaces, winding canals and secret bridges. Skip the crowds and follow your clued-up guide, who’ll take you through the lesser-known streets and bridges of Venice for a full-on flavour adventure that will get your taste buds singing. You then have free time to mooch through this beautiful city for yourself. Grab an ice-cream and wander down hidden back alleys, majestic waterfronts and mysterious little snickets. Afterwards it’s time to regroup and feast on cicchetti finger food and excellent regional wine, before walking off some calories as we marvel at Renaissance architecture and iconic canals. The afternoon is yours to explore Venice as you please, before hopping/rolling onto a train back to Treviso.More +
Day 3: Cycle the Little Venice of the Mainland
Steer off the beaten track with a cycle ride along Treviso’s Sile River, stopping at an ancient boats cemetery along the way. Dine on a mouthwatering Italian lunch and tuck into a Tiramisù tasting, in the birthplace of this iconic desert. Grab one last Italian aperitif before catching your flight back home
Here at The Flash Pack, we like to keep you off the beaten track and away from pesky tourists. We’re here to help you seek out the world’s best-kept secrets – and today is no exception. Mosey along on bicycles beside the beautiful Sile River in Treviso (cutely known as the Little Venice of the Mainland) and discover the extraordinary Cemetery of the Burci, where ancient wooden vessels lie abandoned. We’ll stop for a traditional Italian lunch and a Tiramisù tasting (we know, we spoil you), right in the place where the legendary desert was born. Finally, toast your travels with an arrivederci aperitif before we whisk you back to Venice Airport.
Fly home on a high from a whistle-stop Italian weekend of pure, unhampered indulgence. You’ve savoured the country’s finest bubbly with a safari around the Prosecco Hill vineyards, harvesting your own grapes along the way. You’ve feasted on moreish cicchetti, local wine and divine Tiramisù. You’ve veered off the tourist trail with a backstreet trip around Venice, discovering little-known canals and foodie hot spots. You’ve cycled the Little Venice of the Mainland, and bedded down in a boutique B&B. Wherever you go next, let those Prosecco sparkles buoy you along for every step of the way.
…Ready for another boozy adventure? Join us on our Gin Safari in London!More +
Fly into and out of Venice Marco Polo Airport or Treviso A. Canova Airport
Most people fly into Marco Polo Venice Airport on day 1 in time for a 12pm airport pick up. However, if you plan to arrive a day earlier or leave later then please be aware that Treviso has its very own small airport which may be a good option for some of you Flashpackers.
On Day 3, we will drop you off at either Marco Polo Venice Airport or Treviso airport no later than 3:30pm.
When we have more Flashpackers travelling than there are rooms in Il Focolare, we will all stay in Hotel Continental which has the same price and charm factor.
Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
More adventure trips
- Paddle board across the serene beauty of Lake Bled
- Sleep beneath the stars in peaceful glamping huts with your very own hot tubs
- Go canyoning through the streams, lagoons and waterfalls of the Bohinj Valley
- Get back to nature on a hike around Slovenia's largest lake
- Join a bar crawl through lively Ljubljana with your fellow Flashpackers
- Forget city breaks, supersize your weekend with this wilderness escape
- Exclusive use of a Kudhva, a unique campsite perched on the Atlantic coast
- Sleep between the trees in architectural hideouts and tents suspended in the canopy
- Forage wild food and botanicals from Cornwall’s natural larder
- Discover the secrets of outdoor cooking from a dedicated wilderness chef
- Enjoy a lavish 7 course tasting menu with matching drinks in the woodland
- Meet like-minded travellers on a unique midsummer escape
- Sail down 5-8m waterfalls with a kayaking safari on the Mrežnica river
- Hike the breathtaking falls and shimmering lakes of Plitvice Lakes
- Take a ferry to Hvar island, and revel in its chic bar and beach scene
- Stay in a boutique hotel in Split, and a medieval-style retreat with its own petting zoo
- Try local craft ale in a Zagreb beer-tasting session, and visit a Croatian cheese farm
- Wild-swim waterfalls and turquoise coastlines in this land of sunshine
- Learn to surf (or polish up your skills) and practise yoga at a luxurious coastal hotel
- Join a food safari around the maze of souks in Marrakech
- Glamp in beautiful cinematic-style tents under the stars of Agafay desert
- Hike the Atlas mountains and stay in a traditional Berber guesthouse
- Join a caravan of camels for a sunset ride over the desert
- Relax and be pampered to the core in one of Morocco's best private hammams
- Learn the art of camp-side cooking from a wilderness chef, and feast on an al fresco banquet
- Sleep in unique tree-top tents, suspended between the forest canopy
- Canoe, paddleboard and wild swim around the epic Nuuksio National Park
- Stay in a one-time Helsinki prison, with barred windows and boutique décor
- Wallow in a lakeside sauna, and bathe in pools overlooking Helsinki harbour
- Knock back craft beer at an artisan brewery, and savour fireside Finnish gin