Why we stay at Torassieppi Wooden Cabins
We stay in the super cosy Torassieppi village in Muonio due to its amazing winter wonderland location. The heated cabins make the perfect base for solo travellers wanting to search for the Northern Lights and curl up by an open log fire.
We also use the Scandi-chic Hotel Jeris just 5km from here in November and December months due to Torassieppi being closed for Santa packages.
- Located in one of the most picturesque wilderness areas in Finland
- The farm building dates back to 1847 and is one of the only buildings here to survive the Second World War
- The cabins are cosy and perfectly heated with en-suite bathrooms
- Very close to the stunning Aurora Domes for a glamping upgrade
- The rustic restaurant is a real retreat with its warming log fire and range of local dishes
- There are two delightful lakeside saunas at Torassieppi, which are heated in the evenings for Flashpacker use
- This is the perfect Finnish base to search for the northern lights